AC MAINTENANCE PLANS
The lifespan of the average air conditioner here in Winnipeg is 15 to 20 years. This statistic depends on how well and how often the equipment has been maintained and the quality of the equipment, as well as the quality of its initial installation. Like maintenance for your car or any appliance in your home, regular AC unit maintenance prolongs the equipment life, while reducing energy consumption and staving off costly repairs. Annual maintenance ensures your AC system is always operating properly at its peak performance.
With Home Service Plus, you can choose a maintenance plan that best suits your needs. Let us take care of your home heating and cooling system year round. Plans are tailored to include both your air conditioner and furnace, so you can rest assured that your home will remain consistently comfortable. Our custom plans can include one or two maintenance visits per year. As part of our visit we can advise you on how to best operate your system. Reach out to us to get started! We provide AC maintenance services for our neighbors throughout Winnipeg. You can also continue reading to learn more about what is included in our maintenance packages, how we perform AC maintenance, and the benefits of a regular maintenance plan.
OUR COOLING MAINTENANCE PLANS INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- Evaporator coil inspection (if accessible): We’ll take a look at the evaporator coil of your AC system to ensure that it hasn’t frozen over. Frozen coils can damage the rest of the cooling system, including the compressor (which can result in a costly AC unit replacement), so it will require defrosting. A frozen evaporator coil may also be an indication that your cooling system is working overtime to keep your home comfortable.
- Checking primary and secondary drains: Your AC system naturally produces condensation. This condensation should make its way to a pan or drain in your home. However, algae, mold, and mildew can build up in the drain, creating a blockage that can cause unnecessary wear and tear on your cooling system. We’ll make sure that your drains are clean and free from damaging debris.
- Adjusting and cleaning blower components: The blower fan pulls air from outside of your home through the air filter and evaporator coil, then it pushes that clean, cool air throughout the ducts of your home. If you have a problem with your blower, you could lose the efficiency of your cooling system, and you may end up with a frozen evaporator coil (which can further damage your cooling system). We’ll ensure that your blower motor is oiled and operating efficiently.
- Cleaning and checking the condenser coil: The outdoor component of your AC system is responsible for cooling and condensing the gas that has passed through the interior evaporator coil, so that it may once again evaporate and cool your home’s interior air. It’s important to keep the exterior condenser coil clean, so that air can flow freely over the fins, which passively cools the gas as it moves into the condenser. We’ll also check for signs of damage or leaks.
- Lubricating all moving parts (where applicable): From the compressor to the exterior fan to the blower fan, your cooling system has numerous moving parts that rely on oil to remain efficient. We’ll oil these components to keep things running smoothly.
- Checking and tightening all loose electrical connections: A single electrical failure could leave you without cool air. We’ll check the electrical connections throughout your system, ensuring that information relayed from the thermostat properly triggers your system to run.
- Checking operating pressures for a proper refrigerant charge: Your AC system’s refrigerant rests in pressurized coils and pipes. Over time, tiny leaks can lead to low pressure throughout your system. We’ll check for leaks and replace refrigerant as necessary, to ensure that your AC system has all of the cooling power that it had the day the system was installed.
- Monitoring voltage and amperage draws on all motors: We want to ensure that the fan motors and compressor are working as they should. We’ll test the energy draws on each of these components to ensure that they aren’t receiving a power surge, or too little power.
- Cleaning and checking the thermostat: Your thermostat should properly measure the air temperature in your home, and relay specific triggers to turn your AC system on and off at the right time. We’ll clean and calibrate your thermostat to ensure that it operates as expected.
- Monitoring the air conditioning cycle: Ideally, your air conditioner will run several times per day for about 15 to 20 minutes per cycle (whenever your home is hot enough to trigger cycling). If you have an AC system that is working overtime (by running too long, or by running too many cycles), or a system that isn’t running enough to cool your home, then we can adjust the thermostat or assess the source of the problem at hand.
- Making recommendations for improvement: If you have an AC system that is approaching the end of its life, or parts that require replacement, we’ll let you know. We can also assess the efficiency of your current AC unit model, and make suggestions for the best model for your next unit, in order to efficiently cool your home.
12 REASONS TO INVEST IN OUR MAINTENANCE PLAN
- Curious why we recommend heating system service? With energy savings, prolonged equipment life, and warranty maintenance, you’ll find out first hand that our AC maintenance services pay for themselves. Plus, the benefits don’t stop there. When you opt in on the Home Service Plus AC maintenance plan, you’ll enjoy all of the following benefits:
- Manufacturer Requirements: If you don’t have regular maintenance and there is a part failure, your warranty may be voided.
- Prolong Equipment Life: Your furnace and air conditioner are big investments — prolong the life of your equipment through regular scheduled tune-ups and professional cleanings. Correct minor problems before they become major expenses.
- Energy Savings: Reduce your energy consumption by up to 30 percent with proper adjustments and cleaning.
- Emergency Maintenance: Reduce the likelihood of emergency maintenance and protect your investment.
- Priority Service: Our Service Agreement Customers receive priority over call-in customers for emergency services.
- Safety: Venting, flame sensing, safety switches, and drain lines of furnaces should be checked every year to ensure safe operations.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service: We offer round-the-clock repairs, all done by professionals who work to the highest standards in the industry.
- Certified, Licensed Mechanics: You can trust that we know how to work on your heating and cooling units.
- Worry-Free Protection: Regularly scheduled appointments ensure that you have peace of mind.
- Transferable: Our agreement can shift to new owners, making your house more marketable.
- Service Record: We’ll maintain a comprehensive running service record on each piece of equipment.
- Payment Plans: Enjoy easy payment plans and options, including personal cheque and major credit card payments.
KEEP YOUR AC SYSTEM UP-TO-DATE, CALL TODAY
You may not think about your air conditioner much, until you encounter a problem. Regular maintenance ensures that you don’t go a day without cool air in the heat of the summer. Sign up for an AC maintenance plan that caters to your needs and the demands of your home. We’ll ensure that your air conditioner is running as it should for the full expected lifetime of the unit. Call today to learn more or to schedule your maintenance appointment. We recommend that homeowners have their air conditioner systems serviced once or twice per year to ensure safe, efficient operation. Again, we provide heating and cooling maintenance services for folks throughout Winnipeg and the surrounding area.
GET A QUICK QUOTE
Just fill in your basic info below and we'll get in touch with you.