FURNACE MAINTENANCE PLANS
However long you want your furnace to last is equal to how much you need to invest in the service of your furnace — we can help with our furnace maintenance plans. The lifespan of the average furnace here in Winnipeg is 15 to 20 years. This statistic depends on how well and how often the equipment has been maintained, as well as the initial quality of the equipment and the installation.
It has been proven that regular maintenance prolongs equipment life, reduces energy consumption, and helps you to avoid costly repairs. Annual maintenance ensures your heating and cooling system is always operating properly at its peak performance.
Choose a furnace service plan that best suits your needs. Let us take care of your home HVAC system year round. With Home Service Plus, our plans are tailored to include both your furnace and air conditioner. Custom plans can include one or two maintenance visits per year. As part of our visit we can advise you on how to best operate your system. Get started by giving us a call today!
OUR HEATING MAINTENANCE PLANS INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
CLEANING THE BURNER
ADJUSTING THE GAS PRESSURE
CHECKING AND ADJUSTING THE PILOT
LUBRICATING ALL MOVING PARTS
MONITORING THE FLUE DRAFT FOR SAFE OPERATION
CHECKING AND TIGHTENING ALL LOOSE ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS
CHECKING AND TESTING SAFETY CONTROLS
MONITORING VOLTAGE AND AMPERAGE DRAWS ON ALL MOTORS
ADJUSTING THE AIRFLOW FOR PROPER TEMPERATURE RISE
CHECKING HEAT ANTICIPATOR SETTINGS
CHECKING THE THERMOSTAT
MONITORING THE FURNACE CYCLE
CHECKING FOR A CRACKED HEAT EXCHANGER
MAKING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
- Cleaning the burner: Your burner assembly will get gunked up over time. With impurities in the gas and dust in the air, your burner will eventually get coated in grime that can plug up the gas outlets of the burner. When this happens, you could see poor performance out of your heating system, and your energy bills can spike due to the inefficiency. Your burner may not be able to hold a flam altogether. Regular cleaning ensures that the burner operates efficiently, which helps to reduce the wear and tear on your unit. We remove and clean the burner assembly and the burner chamber to ensure that your furnace is operating at its best.
- Adjusting the gas pressure: Your furnace should release a specific amount of gas to provide a consistent flame that provides consistent heat to the heat exchanger. If your unit is releasing too much gas it can be dangerous, and if your unit isn’t releasing enough gas, you could lose efficiency or end up having the burner go out. We’ll make sure that your furnace has enough gas to efficiently heat your home.
- Checking and adjusting the pilot: If your furnace operates off of a pilot light, we’ll clean, test, and adjust the pilot to ensure that it is releasing just the right amount of flame. Your pilot should remain lit throughout the cold season, and it shouldn’t blow out easily. We’ll ensure that your pilot has the proper flow of gas.
- Lubricating all moving parts: We’ll lubricate all moving parts of your heating system, including the blower fan. Like any machine, your fan requires lubrication to run efficiently. We’ll apply the proper lubrication over the right parts to keep the motor running smoothly. If you’re hearing whining or screeching noises from your blower fan, then it’s likely that it hasn’t been lubricated in some time.
- Monitoring the flue draft for safe operation: Your flue is responsible for removing the exhaust from your furnace. As your furnace burns gas, it produces exhaust that must be allowed to escape through a flue. We’ll ensure that your flue is open and operating properly to remove all hazardous exhaust.
- Checking and tightening all loose electrical connections: If any electrical component of your heating system fails, then it’s likely that the whole system will shut down. We’ll check the electrical connections and wiring of your system and we’ll tighten the connections to ensure that everything stays in place and receives power as it should.
- Checking and testing safety controls: Modern furnaces are outfitted with a variety of failsafes. For example, there are fail safes that are designed to close off the gas supply if there’s no ignition source present, and there are fail safes that shut down the furnace if it overheats. We’ll make sure that the safety features of your furnace are still operable, so that your furnace doesn’t become a hazard for your home.
- Monitoring voltage and amperage draws on all motors: If your motors are over or under the desirable voltage and amperage draw, it may be inefficient, and it may burn out the motor prematurely. We’ll test the electrical draw on your heating system motors to ensure that your system operates efficiently, and operates without damaging its motors.
- Adjusting the airflow for proper temperature rise: Your heating system should release a consistent, moderated amount of heated air to keep the temperature of your home more stable, which means that your furnace won’t have to cycle too often or operate for too long to keep your home comfortable. We’ll monitor the flow of your furnace to ensure that the temperature rises slowly and steadily during a cycle, so your abode remains at a more consistent temperature.
- Checking heat anticipator settings: Your thermostat anticipator is ultimately what triggers your furnace to click on. With a properly calibrated anticipator, your thermostat will sense when the temperature of your home dips to a preset temperature, so that the system turns on. We’ll ensure that your anticipator is calibrated properly, so that your thermostat does what it’s designed to do.
- Checking the thermostat: Alongside the heat anticipator, we’ll check the other functions of your thermostat. We’ll make sure the automatic and manual operations are working as they should, ensuring that you have all the control that your thermostat is designed to offer. We work with all makes and models of thermostats.
- Monitoring the furnace cycle: We’ll monitor an on/off cycle for your furnace to make sure all systems are working smoothly. We’ll check for odd noises, we’ll make sure your vents are pumping out warm air, and we’ll assess any inefficiencies throughout the system.
- Checking for a cracked heat exchanger: Your heat exchanger absorbs heat from the burner flames, and transfers that heat to the air that is pushed throughout your home. Unfortunately, the heat exchanger is liable to crack over time, which will render your exchanger inoperable. We’ll make sure your exchanger is whole, and we can replace any exchanger that is cracked or at the end of its service life.
- Making recommendations for system improvements: Parts and components fail at varying intervals depending on the make and model of your furnace and how often you use your heating system. We’ll let you know about the current status of your furnace, and we’ll inform you of any repairs that may be on the horizon. If your furnace is at the end of its service life, we’ll let you know so that you can be prepared to replace it. We’ll also monitor your ventilation system, and we can provide you with advice to improve the overall efficiency of your home.
12 REASONS TO INVEST IN OUR MAINTENANCE PLAN
Curious why we recommend heating system service? With energy savings, prolonged equipment life, and warranty maintenance, you’ll find out first hand that furnace maintenance pays for itself. Plus, the benefits don’t stop there. When you opt in on the Home Service Plus furnace maintenance plan, you’ll enjoy all of the following benefits:
- Manufacturer Requirements: If you don’t have regular maintenance and there is a part failure, your warranty may be voided.
- Prolong Equipment Life: Your furnace and air conditioner are big investments — prolong the life of your equipment through regular scheduled tune-ups and professional cleanings. Correct minor problems before they become major expenses.
- Energy Savings: Reduce your energy consumption by up to 30 percent with proper adjustments and cleaning.
- Emergency Maintenance: Reduce the likelihood of emergency maintenance and protect your investment.
- Priority Service: Our Service Agreement Customers receive priority over call-in customers for emergency services.
- Safety: Venting, flame sensing, safety switches, and drain lines of furnaces should be checked every year to ensure safe operations.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service: We offer round-the-clock repairs, all done by professionals who work to the highest standards in the industry.
- Certified, Licensed Mechanics: You can trust that we know how to work on your heating and cooling units.
- Worry-Free Protection: Regularly scheduled appointments ensure that you have peace of mind.
- Transferable: Our agreement can shift to new owners, making your house more marketable.
- Service Record: We’ll maintain a comprehensive running service record on each piece of equipment.
- Payment Plans: Enjoy easy payment plans and options, including personal cheque and major credit card payments.
KEEP YOUR FURNACE UP-TO-DATE, CALL TODAY
Just like the oil change for your car, your heating system requires maintenance to remain efficient, if not at least operable. Fortunately, maintenance is easy with Home Service Plus. Sign up for a heating maintenance plan that caters to your needs and the demands of your home. We’ll ensure that your furnace is running as it should for as long as it can. Call today to learn more or to schedule your maintenance appointment. We recommend that homeowners have their heating systems serviced once or twice per year to ensure safe, efficient operation. Again, we provide heating and cooling maintenance services for folks throughout Winnipeg and the surrounding area.
GET A QUICK QUOTE
Just fill in your basic info below and we'll get in touch with you.