DUCT CLEANING & AIR QUALITY SERVICES
We know that there are unavoidable pollutants that we encounter on a daily basis outdoors, but we need to start concentrating on the indoor pollution problems too — after all, many of us spend 90 percent of our time indoors. We know that we do not have a lot of control when it comes to outdoor pollutants that we encounter, but we can control our indoor air quality. Here at Home Service Plus of Winnipeg, we provide duct cleaning services, and air quality unit installations, repairs, and maintenance in order to improve the indoor air quality (IAQ) of your home. Call us today for your free estimate on your upcoming project. You can also learn more about our duct cleaning services, our duct repairs, and the various air quality systems that we work with — all of which are listed below.
DUCT CLEANING SERVICES
Over time, your ducts will collect dust, even if you have a filtration system in place. And, when your HVAC units whir on, that dust can be released into your home, causing all sorts of problems. If you’ve noticed that the air quality in your home isn’t great, you’re seeing dust pour out of your vents, or you’re having an allergic reaction every time your heating or cooling units turn on, then your ducts may be to blame. We’d be happy to take a look at your ducts to ensure that they are as clean as the day they were installed. Consider duct cleaning for all of the following reasons:
- Allergic reactions: If you find that you’re constantly sneezing, you have watery eyes, or your skin itches, the air quality throughout your home may be to blame. Airborne allergens can cause a reaction for you and other residents in your home. And if you have dirty ducts, then allergens can be released into the air every time your heating or cooling systems turn on. On top of having your air ducts cleaned regularly, you may want to install a better air filter for your heating and cooling units. An air filter with finer holes can help to capture airborne allergens. Be mindful of your ducts if you notice that your allergies are worsening. Also, consider cleaning your ducts more often when you experience seasonal allergies, or if you’re allergic to pet dander that can become airborne in your home.
- You have pets in the house: If you have pets in your home, then their hair and dander will find their way into the air, and eventually, that air can be cycled through your air ducts. Consider having your air ducts cleaned more often to ensure that dander and hair don’t end up clogging your ducts. You should also swap out your air filter more often (or clean it more often, depending on the type of filter you have).
- You’ve renovated: Renovating your home can release dust, debris, and even chemicals into the air that pumps through the ducts of your home. These airborne particles can be harmful if your inhale them, so it’s always a good idea to have your ducts cleaned after renovating.
- You’re in a high-traffic area: If your home is near a busy road, if it’s on a dirt road, or if it’s near an industrial part of town, then you may have poorer air quality. If you’ve noticed that there are constantly airborne particles sailing around in the air around your home, then your ducts are more likely to get gunked up. Plus, the air quality of your home may suffer. Again, you should invest in HVAC filters that will capture these hazardous particles, and you should clean your ducts more often to keep your HVAC system efficient and your air pure.
- Your heating and cooling systems are inefficient: Speaking of efficiency, did you know that your air ducts can be significantly less efficient if they’re caked with dust? Over time, your air ducts can become full of spider webs and dust bunnies, which can slow down the air that should be pumped through to your vents. When that happens, your HVAC system will have to work overtime in order to keep your home comfortable. Instead of sweating out hot summers or shaking your way through chilling winters, you should have your air ducts cleaned to keep your heating and cooling systems running like a breeze. Be mindful that if you see a more and more expensive bill for your heating and cooling costs year after year, then your air ducts may be to blame. You should also check your air filter regularly, because this component may just as easily choke the airflow throughout your home.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I HAVE MY DUCTS CLEANED?
We find that folks are often curious about how often they should have their ducts cleaned. Well, that answer will vary depending on the household, the quality of air in the region, and a number of other factors. If you have several pets, for instance, then you should clean your ducts more often. Or, if you run a woodshop in the garage, then you may end up with more sawdust in your air ducts — so you’ll need to have them cleaned to keep your home from becoming a haven for dust.
For most homeowners, we recommend that they have their ducts cleaned every three to five years. However, you may need cleanings more often if there are lots of airborne particles in your home and the space around your house. If you’re curious whether or not you need to have your ducts cleaned, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’d also be happy to give your ducts a quick inspection if you’re calling on us for any of our other heating and cooling or air quality services.
While dirty ducts can make your HVAC system inefficient, ducts that are misaligned can leave climate-controlled air in the walls and ceilings of your home, which means that you’ll be uncomfortable and your heating and cooling bills could spike. We can inspect your ducts to see if there are any leaks along their surfaces. If we notice a leak or a gap, we’d be happy to repair your ductwork to ensure that the air of your HVAC system makes it to the rooms of your home, instead of being lost to the cavities of the walls and ceilings of your abode. Reach out to us if you suspect that your ductwork is out of line, or if you’d simply like to have it inspected so that you can rest assured your heating and cooling system is as efficient as it should be.
AIR QUALITY SYSTEMS
The Environmental Protection Agency tells us that our indoor air is, on average, five times more polluted that the air around us outside. And almost every home has one or more indoor air quality problems.
What can you do to reverse these indoor air issues?
As a homeowner you can choose to use an air filtration system or air purifiers in your home. Let our air quality experts provide a lasting solution by installing an air filtration and purification system that can help make your home safer and healthier. We can install and provide service for any and all of the following air quality control units:
- Air Filtration Systems: Air filtrations systems go above and beyond the standard air filters in your HVAC system to further comb through the air that cycles through your home. These systems are designed to catch smaller pollutants, ensuring that your home’s air is as pure and clean as can be.
- Air Cleaners and Purifiers: Similarly, air cleaners and purifiers arrest particles that can be in the air of your home. These systems may be useful to capture allergens and pollutants, and they may even be designed to capture second-hand smoke. We work with a variety of air cleaners and purifiers, including electronic air cleaners and electrostatic air cleaners.
- UV Lights: UV light systems are designed to kill off airborne lifeforms that may otherwise be hazardous. If your home is vulnerable to mold and bacterial growth (perhaps you live in a high-humidity microclimate), then a UV light air purifier can kill off airborne lifeforms. UV lights can kill bacteria, mold, germs, and possibly even viruses. Consider installing a UV system if you have dangerous mold growth throughout your home.
- Humidifiers: Humidifiers are useful in particularly dry climates. If you constantly have dry skin, dry eyes, or even dry throat and mouth, then the air in your home may be to blame. Installing a humidifier in your home can increase the moisture content of your air, which can make your space more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Dehumidifiers: On the other hand, some homeowners deal with air that is too humid. If you’ve noticed mold and mildew growth throughout your home, then you may have too much moisture in the air, enabling these tiny life forms to thrive. Consider installing a dehumidifier if you’ve noticed mold growth. You may also want to install a dehumidifier if you can’t seem to cool off during the summer. Dehumidifiers sap water from the air, which means that your skin will be able to naturally cool itself as you sweat throughout the hottest months of the year.
- HEPA Filters: High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters force air through a filtration system that captures small particulates in the air. These systems are often installed at the air intake source for your home, before the air is pumped through your HVAC system. Installing a HEPA filtration system can vastly improve the air quality of your home, especially if you’ve noticed high levels of dust, allergens, pollutants, or even smoke.
- Media Air Cleaners: Media air filters are a step above traditional HVAC filters. While traditional filters perform fairly well as they capture airborne particles, some particles can still weave their way through the filter. Media air filters have more filtration surface and they have tighter fitting seals (which means that air can’t go around the filter), which can reduce airborne dust, allergens, pollutants, and smoke. These filters are also thicker than traditional filters, further improving the amount of pollutants captured.
COUNT ON HOME SERVICE PLUS TO IMPROVE THE AIR IN YOUR HOME
Whether you want to install a HEPA filter or you’d like to have your ducts cleaned after your renovated your kitchen, you can count on Home Service Plus to ensure that the air in your home is comfortable and pure. Count on us for all of your HVAC and air quality needs. Give us a call to learn more about our air purification systems, our duct services, and what we can do to improve your home’s heating and cooling systems. Schedule service and get a quick quote for your project today! Home Service Plus proudly provides HVAC and air purification services for folks throughout Winnipeg.
GET A QUICK QUOTE
Just fill in your basic info below and we'll get in touch with you.